To celebrate the start of our holy time of Advent, we came together as a school to remind us of the meaning of Advent and what the Advent Wreath represents.
We sat together in a circle representing the eternity and endless mercy. We were surrounded by candles as we sat in the darkness to allow us to reflect on the light of God coming into our world through the birth of His son, Jesus. We were reminded of the royal colour purple which symbolises the royalty of Jesus Christ. During this service, we sang, prayed and listened to the RE team discuss the meaning of each component of the wreath.
Thank you to the RE team who led our beautiful Advent Service.
Here are few words from the children and teachers:
- I liked being together and celebrating this holy time.
- It was a beautiful service led by the children – Mrs Vollans
- The candles really lit up the room like Jesus, as we know he is the light of the world.
- I loved singing “Do you hear what I hear?” That is my favourite.
- I love speaking in front of everyone. I felt really brave.