Once children reach KS2, they have the opportunity to become part of the ‘Sports Crew’. In order to become a member of Sports Crew, children have to complete an application form and be interviewed by Mr. Paley and Mrs. Orchard. Children will receive training and work closely with Miss Ryan to deliver activities and sessions to the children.
The Role of Sports Crew Members
St. Michael’s Sports Crew:
- Organise and run games and activities in the playground for KS2 children at break times
- Involve children in group games
- Ensure play times are fun and enjoyable
- Develop skills in responsibility and leadership
- Help to organise in-house competitions
Each Sports Leader is allocated one break time per week in which they are responsible for running physical activities and games.
Sports Leaders meet on a regular basis with Mrs Moore and Miss Riley to review their role and to share new ideas for developing sport in school.
Lunch Time Clubs Currently Running
Our sports Crew
Our Sports Crew Leaders are Honor (Year 6) and Harrison (Year 6)
Our Sports Crew Apprentices are Oscar (Year 5) and Emma (Year 5)
Our Mini Sports Crew are Toby (Year4) and Harry (Year 3)