Once children reach KS2, they have the opportunity to become part of the ‘Sports Crew’.
St. Michael’s Sports Crew:
- Organise and run games and activities in the playground for KS2 children at break times
- Involve children in group games
- Ensure play times are fun and enjoyable
- Develop skills in responsibility and leadership
- Help to organise in house competitions
We currently have 6 members of the Sports Crew in school. In order to become a member of the Sport Crew, children have to complete an application form and then attend a training session with Mrs A. Moore and Miss C. Ryan. After this, they will receive their Sports Leader certificate.
Each Sports Leader is allocated one break time per week in which they are responsible for running physical activities and games.
Sports Leaders meet on a regular basis with Mrs Moore and Miss Riley to review their role and to share new ideas for developing sport in school.
Here’s what some of our current leaders have to say about their role:
Lunch Time Clubs Currently Running